3.07.2010

One Cookie! Two Cookie! Red Cookie! Blue Cookie!

Wow! 106 years old! That's how old the great and talented Dr. Seuss would have been had he lived till today! My son and I are great fans of much of his work. One of our favorite books is "I am not going to get up today!" And all of you grew up loving Dr. Seuss just as much, I am sure! I searched high and low for any form of Dr. Seuss shaped cookie cutters. I looked for The Cat in the Hat, The Grinch, Horton, and so on, but even on-line I was struggling to come up with something close to what I wanted! So I tried a little icing free-hand this week! If I find the type of cutters I wanted I will definitely be doing this again! So an ode to the eccentric man in cookies? A delicious idea! I have found, what I am starting to believe is the NEW cookie dough of my dreams! And yes, I do dream alot about cookies! This sugar cookie dough has an unrecorded amount of cream cheese blended into it! This is the best dough to date to work with and it is staying soft through out the week after they have been baked off and decorated! Many times, once the cookies have been iced they lose much of their gooey goodness and become a little too sweet. The icing dries them out and after a few days they taste like straight sugar. With this dough I think I could keep cookies about 5 days and still be unembarrassed to offer one to someone! On that note, my official apologies to all friends and relatives that have received a plate of week old, beautifully decorated cookies that taste like dollar store rock candy! Yeash! Until now, I was only giving 1-2 day old cookies to anyone that I still wanted to impress! But with this fabulous dough; Let all who want good cookies, get good cookies! It is my own form of a Marie Antoinette moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment