3.01.2010

A school of...cookies!


I am so excited this week! I changed my white-chocolate cookie dough a little from the original recipe and I am much happier with the outcome! I think it is still in need of some tweaking, but this week they were bordering on delicious! I also changed it up a little with the icing, and aside from the ensuing carpal-tunnel, I think it was a good result. I made fish cookies as an ode to my brother and his girlfriend's newest pet, Bernard. The jury is still on the compatibility with his three other siblings (all cats!) I used my regular icing to outline and fill the first layer on the cookies. Then I switched to a royal icing for the detailing. I also made a two toned look by using individually bagged colors in the same piping bag; and piped them out together! That, I thought was so fun! My son especially loved the cookies this week because he felt one step closer to getting his own pet fish. There is a cute pet store nearby that we walk to often and he always says "Hi" to each of HIS fish. He is a lover of all things animals, especially the extinct ones! We are redoing his room in to a dinosaur paradise! This week we even got him a big boy bed! He is so excited! I am so overwhelmed! Is my baby really big enough for a real bed! And after a handful of sleepless nights with my husband, myself, our wiener dog, 2 large stuffed animals, 3 plastic dinosaurs each with their own blanket, and then occasionally my son, squished into a full sized bed, he is finally "big enough" to sleep on his own! If we ever have to do that again, I will just bribe the kid with cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment