6.10.2010

ILL - INI

I was very excited to do these cookies this week. I used a new dough and a new icing. Plus they were three layers high. This was a challenge that I was thrilled to take on! I used a more of a pastry dough than a sugar cookie dough and it was very light and stayed well for a handful of days too! I used for the icing a sort-of buttercream icing. It was a little weird to work with at first and took some time to dry so I could continue the next step. But when finished all together, I really loved the taste of it. I would have done a bit more refining on the decor of the cookie, but this was more about the ingredients this time around! I chose U of I because my lovely sister and her husband work for the sports office at the school. I thought she would like them and think that was fun. And also, if you live in this college town, you are obsessively bombarded with all things orange and blue! It's craziness! So I guess I should jump the band wagon and "Go Illini!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment