10.02.2010

CHEERful cookies!

I was thrilled to make cookies for Urbana Cheerleaders. Really thrilled until I realized the only cookie cutter I had that resembled a girl or a cheerleader in any form looked like an overweight old lady shape. (And I mean no disrespect to those of us that have given up on our metabolism.)  So I visited 4 different stores in the area praying I would find the right cutter ( you have seen it, the girl holding pom-poms and kicking up a foot)! But to no avail I found that my only option for a figure-conscious pom-pom holder was online. And with a 48 hour notice, that was a no-go! Before baking I googled Urbana High-School Cheer because, being a soccer player myself, I had no clue what the uniform was to look like. I had to spend a good hour tracing before I felt content with the design. I tried just one with the original girl cutter and my husband responded with, "what's that?" I realized I was time to move in a new direction, for the sake of the cheerleaders and my own sanity! So I improvised with a dress cutter, rectangle cutter, party hat cutter, and small circle. I think the results turned out to be fantastic. And for the future, I have ordered the ever popular cheerleader cookie cutter! 





No comments:

Post a Comment