2.16.2010

Love for sale! Yummy, yummy cookie love for sale!

And it is here again. Valentines Day! Ahh, the perks of being a lady! My husband has always worked on V Day, being a Chef and all. But we also celebrate a dating anniversary in the same week, so we'll be going out on Friday. He did however have flowers delivered, my favorite yellow roses, along with a very sweet card! I had at first wanted chocolate too, but the sweet tooth was quickly silenced by the massive cookie world that has been recently created in my kitchen! I wanted to attempt a few new techniques this time around! So here we go again with the "ideas"! It always seams so simple on paper, with a pencil, and an eraser! I also took on the world of people,
in particular, children this week! To sum it all up: watched my sister's kids, watched my neighbors kid, had a couple brothers over twice to do laundry and eat dinner, watched the same little girl from the previous week, had a huge family dinner for my Mother-in-law's birthday (and attempted a cake, which we will not discuss!), oh and took care of my sweet, yet high-maintenance husband, two year old, and wiener dog! Whew! Obviously with a slight lack of oxygen to my tired brain, I also screwed up the cookies the 1st time, threw them out and started over! Ahahaha! What else is there at this point but to just laugh! Laugh out loud, loudly! I love laughter; it makes hard easier, sad simpler, and funny fantastic! So once I fished out the cotton from my ears, I made hearts this week, of course! I tried a new thing where you layer in the thinned out icing then draw a toothpick threw it before it dries to give it a feathered effect. Only a few lucky cookies didn't end up in the trash. I was pleased with the look of some of the others though! I think the best ideas sometimes come to us spontaneously and I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment