2.23.2010

Fire! Fire!

I know what you must be thinking, "She's burned down the kitchen!" Even though there were multiple fire trucks at our house this week, they were all made out of cookie dough. I did almost burn down my kitchen once though. Many years ago, I made a "romantic dinner" for my now husband. While we were enjoying a picnic on the living room floor, mainly because of the lack of furniture, our kitchen was filled with thick smoke! I had to go sit out on the front porch while he bravely fought the flames! Funny now, not then! Well, maybe a little then too. Currently our kitchen is filled with cookies instead of smoke! I used white-chocolate cookie dough this week. It tasted fantastic when it was still warm and right out of the oven. However by the end of the 1st evening it was hard as a rock! I am not sure what went wrong here! I will make it my sole mission over the next few weeks to perfect the dough, because I just loved the flavor of it! Also, I struggled some with the construction of the truck itself with the corn syrup icing that I use regularly. I think I will also use a mix of corn syrup icing and a royal icing for some future decor issues I my encounter! As a conclusion of the cookie happenings this week, I really would like to redo the whole thing over at some point. I did learn a lot though. And, yes they look unmistaken ably like fire trucks and are somewhat cute. But, I envisioned something much more refined then what I produced this round. No harm done however, I learned a lot about this dough, icing, and myself! So it is all how you measure success right!    


No comments:

Post a Comment