5.19.2010

In full bloom!

My family is bursting with all things "babies" right now! MY wonderful brother is blessed with a healthy baby boy, Justin! He is just the cutest thing! And coming soon this fall will be my cousins little bundle! I was excited to make some fun baby cookies for my cousin's girlfriend's baby shower! This was also eventful because it was my first attempt at a gluten free dough! My cousin's girlfriend has celiacs disease and so I substituted alternative ingredients to my basic recipe. A word to my no-gluten eating peps; don't add to much xanthum gum to your mix! Those suckers will turn out to be some sort of strange, deformed looking glob of health food tasting cookie like substance! Not so good when you are giving them to a pregnant lady huh! So I made more dough with less bonding agent and then kept the dough very chilled up until rolling, cutting, and baking it off! Much better result and once they were iced you couldn't even tell they were different from the others! They even tasted half good too! :) Unlike myself that cant stand secrets and wants to always know as much detail about everything, my cousin has decided to wait on finding out the baby's sex and so the cookies were done, of-course, in yellow and green. So if anyone can't have gluten and you like sugar cookies and you want them to look radical, look me up, I'm your gal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment