5.19.2010

It's my party...& I'll eat cookies if i want to!

It's official, she's a real adult! Aunt Nicole has made it 21 years in this crazy world! Congrats! It was a fun celebration for my brother's girlfriend's birthday and we are all planing on a fun night on the town this weekend too! Two of my five brothers (and yes, no need to adjust your screen I did say five!) and their girlfriend's; one of which was the birthday girl, joined my husband and I for dinner this week and I brought some cookies along! Guess I really have turned into the cookie lady if I'm caring them around with me huh! LOL! I made little cakes for her and tried a new style of piping to make the "cake" look like it was really frosted. I made the icing very thick so that it would harden quickly and then piped it through the tip.  I will certainly use this cookie cutter again for future birthday's, more realistically for a baby's 1st birthday or something like that! And I will for sure be spending a little more time and a bunch more attention to detail in the decorating another time around! These I'm afraid look a little like we had already started celebrating! Se la vie! They tasted great! I used my Grandma's sugar cookie recipe that has sour cream in it and they were fantastic! Hard enough to decorate but soft enough to keep eating them all night! Happy Birthday my dear sweet Cole!

No comments:

Post a Comment