7.09.2010

B.A.B.Y.


Once again I prove to have culinary ADHD! I just love to try new doughs and icings. I am still just looking for "the one!" We'll I may have found the incing that I wanna stick with for a while. I know you've heard this before, but seriously! The dough had some qualities that I liked, but not the last trial with it for sure! I used a fairly thin royal icing with meringue powder instead of egg whites. It dried very quickly and I am thrilled with the finish is has. It is not as shinny as my other icing. I will need some more practice with it before I can be comfortable doing allot of detail. The dough had a bit of brandy in it which made is rich and delicious! Also there was hardly any baking powder so it kept the shape nicely! But, I over-cooked, under-cooked, over-worked the dough all night and so I am surely in the beginner's stage with this dough. If I was more seasoned with it, it would be perfect. Or could it have been the brandy? Anyways, I made a handful of baby stuff for my husband to take to an employee of his that he just found out is expecting! I love things for babies! And hopefully these cookies will be great for her too!


No comments:

Post a Comment