7.11.2010

Freedom!

I made these for the 4th of July celebration this year! I love the 4th. It is one of my favorite holidays. Simply because there is just something surreal about laying on a blanket, barefoot under the stars, snuggling up to a loved one, and watching a huge display of fireworks! I think we should celebrate that way once a month! So for these cookies I looked up a map of the states and then tried; emphasis on the word tied, to draw in the shapes of them. I think I got away with it because of the sheer tiny size of things and so it is not easy to pick up on any mistakes! Oh and on a side note, If you are the fantastic people whom create/sell the multitude of "light-em up toys" for kids at the fireworks. Ie. a light-up band of sword. Do they really need to be so expensive? I about soiled myself when they guy told me $7 for the small one! Of course that didn't stop my from treating my boy to the biggest one! I had to make sure he was cool with the handful of other little boys he was playing with! But now I have to find a way to explain to him that it only lasts for the one night! Guess we have to wait till next year. Maybe by then I will have mastered the art of tracing in the United States of America!

No comments:

Post a Comment