7.25.2010

A world of thanks!

I wanted to make some thank you cookies for our friend Liesle who was brave enough to watch Isacc on a moments notice! And also recently helped with operation rescue the dog and fish while we were out of town! I made the first few of square "thank yous" and then after the fact thought how cool it would be to make something a pinch more creative. I got the idea while looking for a thank you card and there was one with all the different ways to write thank you around the world! Cool huh! I thought so at least! I made these with a great cake-like dough that was a little difficult to work with but tasted fantastic. And a royal icing flavored with cheesecake oil and lemon juice. Rich and delich! I do think that some of the designs worked better than others to write on; leaving some of the thank yous looking kinda scraggly. Also after going through the pictures again I felt like I could have cleaned up the lines a bit on the outlining too! Over all I am thrilled with the concept and if do it again know what to do and not to do! On a side not we added more to the pot if you will in our family! That's right, I am the proud mother of two bearded dragons, Arnie and Barnabas. That brings the grand total to 5 animals; Bernard the fish, Dewey the hermit crab, and Molly the wiener dog to finish out the gang! What an fun bunch huh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment