7.03.2010

Have your cookie and eat it too!

I got to enjoy the excitement of a "hard core" bakery this week. And by enjoy I mean spending long into the night hours of frustration standing in 90 degree heat and having to throw a whole batch a dough away because it basically just melted when I was rolling it out! Yep that was pure enjoyment! On the upside, after a few screaming sessions, (and a shot :), I made more dough and it baked off just fine. I went to bed late but woke up with a new sense of determination as I returned to the bakery the next morning to decorate the cookies. Only snag in this idea, a 21/2 yr old "helper" that I had to bring along. So son, if you are reading this years from now I want you to know that I am extremely proud of you and how good you were that day! You "iced" your own few cookies and "put them in the oven for a bake!" And you played with your Spiderman under the table for most of the time. However, I would have gotten things done allot faster if I didn't have to stop every few minutes to get you a drink, a snack, take you to the potty, or just to "look Mommy!" Nonetheless I seamed to be able to put out a decent product despite all the previous drama. What were you doing out of your dainty, air-conditioned home kitchen you may ask? I was making wedding cake cookies for a wedding open house at my husbands restaurant. They booked a handful of deals so I think it was successful! Hooray! I had the cookies match in theme and colors to the table designs of the open house.  I used my regular cookie dough and icing. I have tried lots of different variations, but I think that most people prefer the original stuff! And by most people I mean my lovely husband! I was pleased with the taste and result of the cookies. However, every time I make something, I always think about how I could have done it different and/or better. There is not an exception here. I would like to do a bit of a change in color scheme and a thicker icing. And ideally with a peaceful, temperature controlled, child monitored space!

No comments:

Post a Comment